inzoomen op uiterlijk, seks en cultuur
Author: Sunny Bergman
Nijgh & Van Ditmar
Actually this book is based on 3 different documentaries:
- Beperkt houdbaar
- Sunny side of sex
The part the impressed me the most is ‘Sunny side of sex’. It just demonstrates how indoctrinated we are in our perception of ‘the norm’. Almost every thing we do, without actually realizing it, is a reflection of how our ancestors created our society with all of it values. We fail to realize that other cultures have different values which are not in any way inferieur. Our norm is not absolute.
Author: Shunryu Suzuki
A bit to abstract for my taste. Perhaps I am not Buddha ready.
- Everything is transient
- Take things as they are, focus on now
- Practice Zazen
- Problems are a delusion and perpetual
- Work with a empty mind, focus only on one thing
Author: Mike Southon
Random House Business
Simple, comprehensive and a good starting point for any entrepreneur or organisation looking to get a grip on their sales efforts. Could do with an update.
Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business
Author: David J. Anderson
Blue hole press
You should not want to read this book for the authors writing skills, because it really badly written. But if you’re somehow able to read between the lines, you’ll discover quite a few gold nuggets. Not sure if there is a 30-minutes version of this book, but if there is then skip to that straight away.
Here’s the Evil Coach top ten of how to make sure every initiative fail – without ever having to say no!
- Encourage critical comments and ideas only to slam down on the pitiful who try.. haha..
- Spread out responsibility on too many persons in the organization. No one knows who did what and no one actually failed. Brilliant!
- Make sure these persons’ calendars are full
10 brilliant tips on how to stay on top – forever!
Posted by Ray in Articles